Friday, February 11, 2011

I reached my monthly limit already!

So... with my new budget of $500 per month for shopping, it's funny how fast the limit is reached.  In my case, 3 days, on two items.  I got the necklace from Links of London and of course, the aforementioned money clip from Tiffany & Co.

Links of London has such a good marketing scheme, it's amazing.  There is the "friendship" line, consisting of friendship bracelets upon which you can engrave meaningful things on it, and trade with friends.  Then, there's the sweetie line in relation to their charm bracelets.  For my necklace, I got one from the a flutter and wow line.  From their website description of my necklace:



A new addition to our immensely popular Flutter & Wow collection, this sterling silver pendant features two interlocking, graphic hearts on fine chain, symbolising the bond between two people in love.
The name is a play on the musical term ‘wow and flutter’, which describes the quivering pitch that occurs when a vinyl disc is played. It’s an apt metaphor for the rush of romance - a hint of what this collection is all about.


They've now discontinued this ring, but I'd really liked it when it was around

I was really close to buying this last year. Haha


I fell for the "symbolizing the bond between two people in love" scheme :(

I found out that I missed the Links sale last month :(  I was really hoping to catch it this year like I did last year, but alas it's not meant to be.  Maybe next year, or next season.



Until then, window shopping next month's pocket money!

I'm pretty proud of my January credit card bill.  It's been a while since I've had one with less than 4 figures.  Also, I spent close to 75% less than each of the months before.  YAY.  Very pleased with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment