Monday, February 7, 2011

Stressed? Go shopping!?!>

I find that whenever I feel stressed, it seems that I can magically be revitalized (at least in the short term) to go shopping.  Mind you, this can lead to purchases you may regret later on upon realization that buying physical items doesn't exactly make the pain go away.  I remember an especially sad day I had last year when I found out my old friend/rival had surpassed me in terms of job title. I went to the mall the day of and brought myself a gorgeous Mango sweater that was on final sale.  Ironically, after the initial numbness, I discovered the pain did not go away.


I have been eying the Proenza Schouler PS1 bag for awhile now.  Although the fashion house started not too long ago, its popularity has grown quickly and this has become what I believe as the new IT bag.  Also, the Olsen twins have been spotted with it (I love the Olsens!).




Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez met in 1998 at New York's Parsons School of Design and together they designed a senior year show that was so highly acclaimed, Barneys bought the entire collection - and so, Proenza Schouler (a combination of their mothers' respective maiden names) was born. Known for its skilful tailoring, expect cool-girl cocktail dresses and covetable standout accessories.



In my opinion, it looks a lot like the Mulberry Alexa bag but maybe even better since there are more pockets both in the front and in the back.  If my savings plans go well, perhaps I will award myself with the PS1 in a few months (maybe in brown or pink?) ;)

I think I feel better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment