Monday, February 7, 2011

Longchamp - Le Pliage

My trusty everyday pliage! <3


I've used my Longchamp large Pilage with long handles in black, almost every day for the past 3 years now.  I love the fact that it's trendy, yet lightweight and big enough to fit all my everyday needs - to the gym, beach, work, you name it.  The range of colours are so fun, and the leather detailing adds a little bit of luxury.  I loved it so much, I got the horse print pattern 2 years ago.

My vacation pliage


It's funny though because I found they had suddenly become much more prominent 1-2 years ago, to the point where it seemed like EVERYONE on the subway had it.

I was a little disheartened though, when I went a Beijing shopping market to discover that replicas were everywhere!  I suppose this is not surprising given it costs $145 USD for a nylon tote with leather straps.  Longchamp probably makes a killing anyways.  I guess it's just the principle of the matter (that and I brought the real one at full price).  Mind you, the copies do no contain real leather and the material is slightly different if you look closely.  Also, the zipper is of lower quality.  Nowadays, I look twice when I see one, and my suspicions were confirmed - fakes are everywhere!

As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

A few months back, there was a limited world edition Longchamp city pliage bags.  There were several cities and landmarks involved, including the Statue of Liberty of New York, the Great Wall of China, and the Galleries Lafayette of Paris. I wished I got the Miyajima of Japan one.  Is it too late?

It is so gorgeous!  I should've hunted it down while I was in Japan in September 2010 :(

Miyajima is definitely somewhere I'd want to go the next time I go to Japan. The scene at the Itsukushima Shrine is simply breathtaking.  My heart feels fluttery thinking about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment